LUXURY HOTEL RESORT
IN HEARTH OF NATIONAL PARK UNA
National Park “Una” is spread through the valley of the upper stream of the river Una as well as through the valley of the river Unac, right tributary of Una, all the way to the river Krka in the west. This area represents a unique natural complex in this part of Europe, very valuable for the conservation of the total landscape and biodiversity, especially because of:
– Position on the border of three climate areas;
– Karst formations and hydrology, which are unique in European terms, together with the basin of Korana and Krka;
– Landforms that created one of the few natural routes to the Adriatic Sea;
– Mosaic of habitats, high diversity of plant and animal species, and the presence of relict and endemic species;
The Štrbački buk is with 24.5 meters the highest and most spectacular waterfall of NP Una. The waterfall can actually be seen from two sides: from the Bosnian and Herzegovinian side it is at Una National Park, on the Croatian side it is Una Mamea Park. The Bosnian side is by far the most enjoyable with decent paths, excellent view points and facilities.
Good to know for your visit to Štrbački buk:
- The gravel road from the village to the parking lot close to the falls takes about 20-30 min.
- The entrance fee for Štrbački buk is 12 BAM for 2 persons.
- Opening hours are 08:00-21:00h, 7 days a week, May 1st – September 30th.
- The fall is easy to access by a good wooden foot path with 5 min from the parking lot.
- Nearby the parking lot there are a restaurant (cash!), toilet, souvenir shop and picnic tables.
- Una National Park is a great playground for people who love or would like to try rafting.
PURE NATURE IN SURROUNDING
Rich flora and fauna
Una National Park by its characteristics perhaps has the most diverse fauna in this part of Europe. Numerous animals have found their home in Una National Park and thus gave it a great fortune, which is wider and more diverse every day.